Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

It's finally here! I truly don't know how to feel about today. This will for sure be an historic day, whichever way this election goes. In some ways it is with trepidation that I await tonight's outcome. In others, I am just trying to "keep the faith" and trust that God is in charge of it all. With all the accusations and stories that are flying about, it is very difficult to know what the truth really is. I learned a long time ago that the news media in this country is very biased and seems to print that which will hopefully get read. For some reason people in this country seem to somehow enjoy the "bad" that so frequently gets published. I have often wished that some of the things that are so good about this country would make the headlines. The saying "one bad apple.." is so true. We have so many young people like my two oldest granddaughters, Alison (17) and Mary (15+). I proudly watch them live their faith every day, an example that others can see, hear, admire, and respect. But, what do we see in the media about young people? - gangs, crime, drugs, sex, violence, etc., etc. I truly want to believe that the greater majority of our upcoming generation is more like Alison and Mary, but they don't get the media coverage do they? My faith in this upcoming generation was reinforced recently when the Project 7 came to our area. After presentations in local schools built up to a final rally, 6500+ (when 3000 or so had been expected) young people came together in our local Mall parking lot to enjoy music, fellowship, and a new awareness of the Way to hopefully make this world a better place. So, as I move along in my life, I want to focus on the good that I find in the world and upcoming generations. I know that the USA may still falter, at times, along the way, but whatever the outcome of the election today, I have much faith that in the end we will remain a democracy of the people, by the people and for the people. May God Bless America!

No comments: