Friday, March 27, 2009

48 Years of Wedded Incompatibility


This is one of the sayings that my Dad would jokingly use whenever he talked about his marriage to my Mom. In fact, they were opposites that attracted, as are Joe and I. But it was always very obvious that my Dad worshiped my Mom. Somehow, over the years Joe and I have come to realize that marriage doesn't come with any rules, it is lots of work, and requires much compromise on the part of both parties. When Daddy died in 2002, my parents had been married for 63 years. Guess something worked right for them. We are very blessed to have had them as a role model for our marriage.

2 comments:

Barbie Wagner said...

Congratulations! I hope that Sal & I can follow in your footsteps and make it just as long. What a journey ~ the stories the two of you have to share must be out of this world! You need to write a memoir to record them all... Love - Barbie, Sal & Baby Abigail

~Hui said...

You are an inspiration to us all! What a wonderful explanation of "wedded incompatibility" I couldn't have said it better.

All My Love & Blessings,
Hui