Thursday, March 26, 2009

69 and holding!

This morning I was having my morning cup of coffee and reading the paper. The date jumped out at me as I suddenly realized today is my birthday! Today I am 69 years old. How did I get here so fast? When I turned 60, I was very depressed and cried for two days. Since then I have come to realize that age is really just a number. I don't feel like what I always thought 69 should feel, people say I don't look my age (whatever it might look like), and healthwise, I feel great most days. I have gotten to a point that when I read the paper each day, I read through the obituaries. Fortunately, I most often don't know anyone there, and mainly look at the ages. Well, today everyone in the obituary section of our local paper was my age or younger! What does that make me??? My Mom (who will be 90 in a couple of days, which gives me hope) called to wish me a Happy Birthday. When I told her about the obituaries, she said, "I made a New Years resolution to not read the obituaries any more." Sounds like a plan to me. I'm off to Curves.....

1 comment:

7redz said...

Moms and (and moms-in-law) always have a way of guiding us in the right direction like that don't they. I am so thankful for you! Happy Birthday!