Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Beginnings

Joe and I have struggled for months with a gradually sloooower and slooooower pc. My son, my son-in-law, and my sister keep saying "get a MAC." Well today, I HAVE a new IMAC!!! So, after I finally figured out where the power line hooked in (who would have thought it was under the base and totally hidden from view?) I have been attempting to learn how to work this contraption. I did get the printer to work and have made (and printed) one document (saved in a separate folder I might add). I tried and tried to skype my son in Germany to show him that I am "up with the Joneses", but to no avail. My MAC has a camera and I was so looking forward to conversing via the internet with my family so far away. I have confidence I will get it soon. There are lots of new icons and symbols on the "pad" at the bottom of my screen, and I have already added a couple of things to the desktop (and for the life of me can't figure out how to get rid of the extra "skype" icon). For now, I will forge ahead and when I get the skpe thing straightened out, I will be conversing with Germany and New York. Until then, I feel a need for speed!!!

No comments: